Windows audio problem

One other thing that ought to receive your attention. Check your mixer
settings.  There must be a half dozen mixers out there, I've used kmix and
gmix.  I was getting a lot of noise at seemingly random times.  Turned out
to be noise from the audio out on the cdrom frive (fade that to zero) and
feedback from the mic (fade that to zero also).

There was also a problem where the left channel input for pcm (I think) was
sent to zero.  gmix allowed me to fix that, kmix was no help there.

MEG