Discuss digest, Vol 1 #1118 - 2 msgs

Hello Tom:

I am using the program mdadm program to create this array,
which does not use the raidtab file.  both tools are suppose
to accomplish the same thing, but have different config files.
With mdadm, it is all controlled with options.  With mkraid,
there is the raidtab file, raidstart, and raidstop.  I am
following the directions for mdadm posted to blu a while ago,
plus an article on the topic:

http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2002/12/05/RAID.html

mdadm: A New Tool For Linux Software RAID Management
by Derek Vadala, author of Managing RAID with Linux
12/05/2002

doug