dual boot with ME failing

Hi,
  I have a Dell Dimension 8100 with a dual boot on Windows ME and Red Hat
Linux 9.  As of this morning, the Windows ME partition is failing to load.
btw, Linux partition is loading fine.  Both are two separate hard disks.
  I have two questions:
1. Is there any way I can bypass the dual boot mechanism to go into the DOS
partition and run chkdsk to find if the disk is corrupted?
2. Is it possible to mount the windows partition from within Linux and run
chkdsk or some other diagnostic to find what's wrong with the hard disk?

let me know,
thx and regards,
-kalyan

Lose those love handles! MSN Fitness shows you two moves to slim your waist.
http://fitness.msn.com/articles/feeds/article.aspx?dept=exercise&article=et_pv_030104_lovehandles