PCMCIA WiFi compatibility

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 12:39:37PM -0400, Bob Keyes wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Duane Morin wrote:
> > Does anybody recommend a pcmcia wireless 802.11b card that is
> > plug-in compatible with Fedora?
[SNIP]
> The most compatible, and most tested card in the world is the
> Orinoco series.

I'd like to point out that Orinco is a chipset, not a card...  It's
often a little difficult to determine what cards have what chipsets.
This has, in the past, kept me from getting into wireless.
Basically, I was too lazy to do the research.  Having read similar
recommendations in the past, I went to the store and looked for cards
that had "uses (Orinco|prism2) chipset" or similar imprinted on the
box, and found none, unsurprisingly.  So I didn't buy anything.

If Dwane is like me, what he's looking for is a recommendation for a
specific card -- brand and model number.

-=-=-=-=-