Bit Torrent

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:58:32 +0900
> Derek Martin <invalid at pizzashack.org> wrote:
>
> > I decided to download Fedora Core 2 test 2 today.  But  I didn't want
> > it to take all day, and I didn't want to  deal with finding a fast
> > mirror.  So I installed Bit Torrent.

> Interesting. I think that Bit Torrent is an excellent concept. Maybe we
> should plan to present it at a future BLU meeting.

Indeed it is. I'd like to see it integrated into the web browser. I think
that things that tend to cause net log-jams (just as a new kernel release)
should FIRST be put on bittorrent.

Can you imagine what bittorrent could do on a large lan, that had a small
upstream? Say, some large university remote and poor enough to have a
crappy Internet connection.

Something to be aware of: the original bittorrent client got messy if
it ran out of disk space. Bad error handling.