cdr, device names, and ide-scsi

It's been a bit since I've used IDE-SCSI, but I'm pretty sure that the
hd[x] device names are still semi-used with the ide-scsi driver.
Specifically hdparm can find out information about the device using
/dev/hd[x], but you cannot actually mount that device.

As I said though, it has been a while, so I could be completely wrong.