Need legal advice re: Redhat enterprise linux

Bill Horne wrote:
> Because I signed up for the Redhat update service last year, and
> Redhat 9 support will end this month, Redhat has given me access to
> the Redhat Enterprise Linux and Redhat Workstation Linux binaries and
> source.
>
> I'm looking for someone who can examine the licenses and tell me
> which portions of this software are GPL and which are not.

I am far from being a lawyer, nor have I used RHEL WS, but I think you
could find the licenses of all packages with a command like:

rpm -qa --queryformat "%{LICENSE} - %{N}\n"

However, the definitive answer to what a license allows you to do and
what doesn't, is to read the license which comes with the source code.

HTH