Opinions for GUI front ends for OS databases

Hello:

Back a decade ago I used Filemaker Pro on a Mac.  I thought they had
done a good job on their user interface.  It was so much better than
Paradox on a PC :-)

I have looked a little into MySQL and Postgres.  It is nice to be able
to program things in, to understand what is going on behind the
curtain.  Yet for actual data entry, I just want to have a GUI with
boxes to fill in.  Of course it would be better if it was as good as
the old Filemaker.  Is there such an animal in the open source world
people are using?

Thanks,
doug