'The man who wants to take your jobs'

David J. C. Beach comments:

| On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 14:48, John Chambers wrote:
| > And, of course, H.G.Wells wrote about this process 120 years ago,  in
| > The  Time  Machine.  I assume everyone here is familiar with Eloi and
| > Morlocks.  If not, let's see ... Yep; here it is:
| >   http://www.gutenberg.net/etext92/timem11.txt
|
| Yes, but don't see the movie.  :)  For one thing, it actually takes less
| time to read the book...  and of course there's the fact that the movie
| was hideously awful and had very little to do with the book...

Yeah; I've seen that advice. I don't find it surprising. Wells' story
wouldn't exactly be politically correct in a Hollywood that is trying
to uphold the glories of the American Way.  It was a  rather  radical
tale for its time.  And for this time, for that matter.

(But I haven't seen the movie, so what do I know? ;-)