Wipro's Azim Premji - 'The man who wants to take your jobs'

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 10:52:36PM +0900, Derek Martin wrote:
> > It's no more expensive being trained in IT than it is being trained in
> > any other engineering/technical/professional skill.
>
> In my experience this seems wrong.  Friends in other engineering
> fields don't seem to spend anywhere close to the same amount of time
> earning certifications and taking special triaing classes that my
> friends in IT do.  So I don't have any statistics to back that, but my
> experience is that your statement is false.

And, I neglected to mention all the (non-paid) time most IT types
spend researching how different software works, learning new
programming languages, new programming techniques, etc...  Not to
mention all the money spent on O'Reilly books.  ;-)

-=-=-=-=-