When X does....nothing.

Interestinger and interestinger..... :)

Should /sbin/config show me a 'lo' device at 127.0.0.1?  Cuz it don't.

During bootup I get an error message from 'arping' saying that something
is already listening on 127.0.0.1.

Since a variety of my problems this week seem network related (this X
thing, as well as my listening on a socket problem) I'm wondering if this
is a possible root cause.

I have the loopback device (config_blk_dev_loop=y) enabled, but that
doesn't seem to be it.  From the description in the kernel docs that's
definitely not it, but I reach the end of my understanding at about
this point. I thought lo was a/the local loopback device.

I went back for a moment to test my server socket listener ysing the
"netstat from another window" suggestion.  And I see something like
this:

    Local			Foreign			State
 0  *:32769
 1  192.168.40.191:32770	localhost.localdo:32769	SYN_SENT

And it's basically stuck there.   So I'm listening, but unable
to communicate with myself?

Duane