When X does....nothing.

| Bob Leigh	wrote:
| John Chambers <jc at trillian.mit.edu> wrote:
| > Or maybe someone has snuck a bit of spyware into your Gnome ...
|
| In which case you'd need a lawn decoration, specifically a guardin' Gnome.

I actually met one of those a few months ago.  On a vacation trip, in
downtown Mount Horeb WI we found:

http://world.std.com/~jcsd/MountHoreb_GnomeAccordions-med.jpg

This was in front of the local telco office, which  is  also  an  ISP
(dialup, DSN).  We wondered if he was part of their firewall.

Mount Horeb is a small town about 15 miles west of Madison that takes
pride in its Norwegian heritage. There's a local woodcarver who makes
these gnomes, and you see them in a lot of yards in the area. Many of
the  businesses  along  Mt  Horeb's  main  street  have these fellows
standing guard, or in some cases trying to entice people to dance.