CA signed Linux license from SCO Group

 > Computer Associates International Inc. (nyse: CA - news - people)
 > said on Monday it has licensed the freely available Linux operating
 > system software from SCO -- a move that could become key legal
 > ammunition for the SCO Group Inc.

That's not really what happened and you have to get all the way to the bottom of the Forbes article before you find that out.  Even then they really never spell out the details.

What actually happened was that CA settled a lawsuit on an unrelated matter with Canopy Group, SCO's parent company, which required them to buy licenses for SCO OpenServer.  SCO then tacked Linux licenses onto the OpenServer licenses as a freebie.  Then SCO went and told the press that an unspecified Fortune 500 company had bought Linux licenses.  When CA found out that SCO was refering to CA, they promptly denied it and said they had no use for SCO's Linux licenses and never paid for them.

It's yet another pathetic attempt by SCO to give their lawsuits some semblance of credibility.
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm