ADVOCACY: Great article in CIO magazine

Apparently the online version is a month behind, but if you have the
print version of CIO magazine there is a great article this month (March
2004 issue) titled the 'Myths of Open Source'.  The article goes on to
debunk the following myths, using case studies and quotes as support:

   1. The attraction is the price tag
   2. The savings aren't real
   3. There's no support
   4. It's a legal minefield
   5. Open source isn't for mission-critical applications
   6. Open source isn't ready for the desktop

I think the article is a good read, and a must-have for someone in the
consulting area if you want a good piece of collateral to convince
decision-makers that they too should look at Free Software as an option.

I'm giving a talk next week on this very subject (Who is using Free
Software and Why) to small business owners.  If anyone has great case
studies or examples, please send them to me off-list or post them
directly on the freephile wiki: http://freephile.com/tiki/tiki-index.php
(registration required to edit pages)

Thanks,

Greg

--
FREePHILE
We are 'Open' for Business

"In my youth," said his father, "I took to the law,
	And argued each case with my wife;
And the muscular strength which it gave to my jaw,
	Has lasted the rest of my life."

"You are old," said the youth, "one would hardly suppose
	That your eye was as steady as ever;
Yet you balanced an eel on the end of your nose --
	What made you so awfully clever?"

"I have answered three questions, and that is enough,"
	Said his father.  "Don't give yourself airs!
Do you think I can listen all day to such stuff?
	Be off, or I'll kick you down stairs!"