Verizon DSL vs Comcast Cable

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> I think you should also consider bandwidth.
> Cable Modem (RCN/Comcast are providing 3Mbps down and about 300Kbps up).
> Verizon DSL (AFAIK 768Kbps down, 256Kbps up).
> Speakeasy is advertising 1.5Mbps down.

Verizon is, like Speakeasy, 1.5mbps down now.

If anyone has an old 786k for $50/month plan, ask them for an upgrade &
you can get 1.5mb for $35/month.

I can't imagine them giving it if you don't ask for it -- if a customer is
happy paying more money for less bandwidth then I'm sure they're happy to
leave things as is -- but the current 1.5mb/$35 plan is available to all
of their customers now.

--
Chris Devers