Verizon DSL vs Comcast Cable

I've got Verizon DSL.  With a Linksys or another DSL router PPPoE isn't
a problem and behind the router you don't need to worry about PPPoE at
all, just set up your machines up to use DHCP and you're golden.  In
fact I've had pretty good luck with the the PPPoE support in RH9 without
the Linksys router.  Before the Linksys router I used the Verizon
Windows PPPoE software and it was horrible, just flat out ugly bad and
twitchy for no good reason at all.  Got the router and life is good.
I'd almost say the DSL router is the key to a good DSL experience.
(Verizon seems to think so, too, and recommend them.)

As for service, I've had a few minor hiccups but nothing that didn't
work itself out in a few hours.  My bandwidth has been pretty much as
advertised but I'm pretty close to the CO so YMMV.  Its plenty for me
since I'm not running any servers or such.  I've heard that Comcast is
starting to crack down on bandwidth "hogs" in vague and disturbing
ways.  I don't think Verizon worries as much about that since the lines
are already capped and not shared.

One other nice thing I discovered is that you can use their dialup
numbers free when remote which is very nice.  They have local lines
almost everywhere in the country.

'Course, they're the Phone Company so you may have an emotional reaction
because of that.  That said, my experience has been pretty good.