Verizon DSL vs Comcast Cable

On 20 Feb 2004, Kevin D. Clark wrote:

> FYI: If you happen to get a Verizon "freedom" calling package, the price
> of DSL drops to $30.
>
> (I don't use Verizon DSL; I have no opinions about their service)

Ahh, that reminds me -- there were some articles six months or a year ago
saying that Verizon was planning to install WiFi access points on all of
their old pay phones, and give VerizonDSL customers free access to the
service. (Non Verizon customers would have to pay an access fee.)

At the time, they were talking about rolling this out in New York City,
but if that went well they were going to expand that to New England and
the rest of the country.

Not that that (immediately) helps anyone around here, but if they do end
up rolling it out around here, it would be a nice perk to their plan.

Not that I'm trying to push them or anything :)

--
Chris Devers