Milestone success with PVR250 (ivtv)

> I've got a Gentoo box running mythTV with a WinTV-D, which I'm using
> as a straight bt878 card. I'm not all that excited by the quality.
> Actually, I'm a bit disappointed. Also, the s-video out on the
> motherboard doesn't seem to overscan enough to fill the screen on the
> TV. There are vertical black bands on the left and right. I haven't
> figured out how to fix that. What are you using for TV out, if anything?

I'm using a Shuttle-pc, with the onboard s-video savage out.  I have the
same lack of overscanning problems and have posted a few times to the
mythtv users list to find solutions.  However, it seems that
functionality has not been added to the driver.  I agree that it makes
watching very poor, but I'm hoping in the new release of the savage
driver it will have support for overscanning.

~Matt