Milestone success with PVR250 (ivtv)

On Feb 12, 2004, at 8:18 AM, christoph at linuxsoup.com wrote:
> Anyone else on this list messing with the hauppauge PVR cards and/or
> have
> a working linux PVR (freevo/mythTV)?  Anyone own a PrismIQ?

I've got a Gentoo box running mythTV with a WinTV-D, which I'm using as
a straight bt878 card. I'm not all that excited by the quality.
Actually, I'm a bit disappointed. Also, the s-video out on the
motherboard doesn't seem to overscan enough to fill the screen on the
TV. There are vertical black bands on the left and right. I haven't
figured out how to fix that. What are you using for TV out, if
anything?

If your using MythTV, you can adjust the brightness and contrast, and
maybe the saturation. Look up the mythical keys.txt file, I think
brightness and contrast are keys F and G. Oh, those settings are on a
channel by channel basis I believe.

--
Please avoid sending me Word or other Office attachments.