IMAP problems with SuSE 9.0

On Monday 02 February 2004 2:10 pm, Mark J. Dulcey wrote:
> I remember that Dave Kramer talked about this a while ago, and some people
> came in with suggestions... what turned out to be the answer to get IMAP
> to work properly? (Basically, the problem is that the imapd distributed
> with 9.0 only accepts SSL connections, and the squirrelmail that comes
> with 9.0 doesn't support SSL, so the two don't play together. In addition,
> I haven't been able to get the SSL to play with Mozilla at all.)

(GRUMBLEGRUMBLEGRUMBLEGRUMBLEGRUMBLEGRUMBLEGRUMBLE)

This is the most sore point with SuSE 9.0 for me.  uw-imap has the above
limitation.  Squirrelmail won't work with it.  My wife's Outlook won't work
with it.  Evolution won't work with it.  The only clients I can get working
with it are KMail, pine, and Netscape Mail under Windows for my wife (which
she hates).

I was never able to get courier or cyrus working with it either.  There were
some other biggies, but the fact that I could not get an IMAP server working
(and few would classify me as a newbie) frustrates my wife and myself to this
day.

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD  "Light is meaningful only in relation to darkness, and truth
DKK D  presupposes error.  It is these mingled opposites which people our
DK KD  life, which make it pungent, intoxicating.  We only exist in terms
DDDD    of this conflict, in the zone where black and white clash."
                                                  - Louis Aragon (1897-1982)