NVidia Bios Flash

Eric Schwartz wrote:
| Hello all!
|

| Sorry to start a discussion on something other then the NH political
events,
| but I was hoping I might be able to get some insight onto my dilemma.  I
| have been seeing reports of people flashing their NVIDIA Geforce FX5900's
| with Geforce FX5950 ULTRA or 5900 ULTRA bios.  Everyone is claiming that
| they are the same hardware, just with different bios, which controls the
| clock speed, and voltages.  Out of maybe 30 different people I have seen
| post information about this, only about 4 have said to have run into
| problems, such as artifacts popping up on the screen or lock ups. Everyone
| else claims it works like a charm.  If I could successfully do this I
would
| spend around $170 on a 5900 and get $350 or more 5950 performance.  So my
| question is this: Has anyone on here ever done this?  Can anyone prove
that
| the video cards are the same hardware?  Any insight would be greatly
| appreciated.  Thanks all.
|

| Eric

hi,
there's a memory difference isn't there?

this fellow claims to have done it though.
http://www.cluboverclocker.com/guides/5900_Flash_Mod/index.htm

unless your into nvidia, you can get a kick ass
Crucial RADEON 9200 128MB for $87.
http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.asp?imodule=CTV9200128MB&cat=Video+Card

i have a 9100 128MB and can play most games at their highest res with no
problems without over clocking (ghost recon, battlefield 1942, warcraft
III, ect).  i did a quick search but couldn't find crap on real geek
specs on the nvidia cards.  :(  i think it's pretty cool you might try
it though.  please email me with what happens if you do.  eric.

- --
"I may have invented control-alt-delete, but Bill Gates
made it really famous."  David Bradley.

http://235u.home.comcast.net/