OT: Voting results in NH

Zack Cerza <zcerza at coe.neu.edu> wrote:

>But scrapping the party system altogether would change things. Maybe then
>people would actually know what each candidate stood for. Notice how on the
>"news," no matter what channel, nobody bothers to actually mention any
>candidates' political position? It's all about their "electability" - and
>John Kerry "looks the most presidential." If this is how we're choosing our
>leaders from now on... stop that train, I'm leavin.

This whole off-topic thread should be moved to BizTalk.  But I'll add my
two cents...  In the US, we have a two party system:  the elite and the
rest of us.  The demographics of our population has changed
significantly since our beginnings and perhaps a parliamentary system
would be more appropriate.  But that's never gonna happen.  The media is
run by SIX companies now (down from 50+ companies twenty years ago) so
the media is under control.  It's even a problem in Britain.  Just look
at the BBC.  The chairman had to resign because of the phony Hutton
report and because he probably feared he'd end up like Dr. Kelly.
Nobody in the media bothers to mention anything because they want us to
be like sheep.  For that matter, George Orwell was only 20 years late...