In defense (was Re: what to do about Windows email worms)

Joshua Pollak <pardsbane at offthehill.org> writes:

> Yeah, I used Kapital and maintain some Gentoo ebuilds for it. Don't
> use it unless you don't care about accurate balances. GNUCash I tried,
> it has 300 million dependancies and I just got bored trying to compile
> it. For taxes, I just use the web version of TurboTax. I know that
> might not be the greatest for my privacy, but I get to use the
> platform of my choice.

The "300 million dependencies" are basically "you need all of GNOME
1.4".  This is really a gnome problem, not a gnucash problem..  And
frankly all the major distributions come with gnucash pre-packaged.
Yes, it was nearly impossible to compile gnucash 1.6 when it was
first released (back in 2000!).  But today's code is widely avalable.

You should try it again.  Or if you run Debian, Red Hat, Mandrake,
SuSE, or Gentoo, you should just pull in the package!

>>>   - Citrix Client
>
> Doesn't Citrix make a Linux / Unix client?

Yes, they do.  I've used it.  It works pretty well.

-derek