what to do about Windows email worms

I understand that people have valid reasons for having windows systems.  I too have a job, at one of the bigger hospitals in boston, likely the one you take your children too and we have more windows there than everything else.  But the department that I manage, all of our servers are linux.  We are huge users of free software.  If we can find a replacement for windows software thats opensource, we generally go with that.

Many of our workstations do run windows, but a few developers do run linux.  And even though I have so much windows around me, I don't run it.  And I wouldn't dream of using it to deal with my email, or browse the web.  Admittedly, my workstations are Linux, and OSX based.  While some people see Apple becoming the next MS, atleast I have the option of running mutt from that system, and many other OSS tools without cygwin/sfu.  And for the few times I do need to run windows (eg, to use the vpn) VMware or VirtualPC works great.  And there is allways BOCHS if I want to totally ditch the other stuff.

"my job" isn't really a valid excuse, atleast in my opinion.

-miah