what to do about Windows email worms

miah muttered:
| No Offense, but it truely amazes me the number of people on a Linux mailling list that run Windows, and on top of that windows mailer software.

No mystery there. Some of us have jobs, and those of us who
deal with the Internet often have to test our stuff against
various kinds of client machines.  So it's handy to have  a
Windows box or two sitting around.

I'm working on a distributed project, mostly from home.  My
work is mostly on linux.  My wife mostly uses her Mac.  But
there are two Windows boxes here, different releases,  that
are  turned off at the moment.  They get turned on at times
to see if they can sanely access the stuff I'm  putting  on
the Web.

One funny thing is how much better IE works on OSX than  it
does on Windows.  On the Mac, it rarely crashes. On both of
the Windows boxes, I rarely get more  than  a  dozen  pages
before the whole thing freezes and has to be rebooted. So I
save that testing for the last.

Another funny thing is that the project wasn't supposed  to
work  through the web.  But I (very innocently ;-) put up a
bunch of "preview" pages so that the client's people  could
look at our progress.  They liked the web interface so much
better than the "real" one that that's now the emphasis  of
the project.

But it does mean that we have to test against those  damned
Windows boxes before releasing anything.