playing safely...

   From: "D.E. Chadbourne" <235u at comcast.net>
   Date: 03 Jan 2004 12:04:48 -0500

   > Use vmware or blochs to set up virtual environments. Treat the machine
   > running the virtuals as though it were a hostile Internet source, and
   > firewall it off from the rest of your network.
   >
   > -dsr-

   wow man, vmware seems very fun!  i've heard of it but never checked it
   out before.  i just downloaded the trial version of vmware workstation
   4.  little expensive ($299.00) for little old me playing in the
   basement.  i'll have to find or think of a way around that.  yes! new
   toys rule!

   but what the hell is blochs?  altavista only gave me blochs theorem.  i
   don't think that's what you were pointing me to.

It's actually bochs, not blochs.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton