Debian Woody - How many CD's must I download?

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Bill Horne wrote:

> I'm downloading the ISO's for Debian Woody: there are seven images,
> and I assume I won't need them all.
>
> How many (and which) ISO's are needed for a typical "server" install?
> I'm putting in Apache, Sendmail, CUPS, iptables, and emacs; that's
> about all.
>
> TIA.
>
> Bill

If you have Internet access from the target machine, I have always just
used the Woody compact rescue and root floppies.   You can perform an ftp
(I think) or http (what I use) install at home.  Just need to also make
sure the Ethernet card you use is seen by the boot kernel, or roll your
own kernel.

Hope that helps.

Scott