Is there a difference between usb and usb 2.0?

The issue is that if you install one USB 1.1 device on a USB 2.0 bus, the
entire bus is forced to slow down to 1.1 speeds. However, if you have a
slow speed USB 2.0 device out there, it will allow the rest of the bus to
operate at a high speed data rate, even though it has a lower data rate
itself.

Basically, slow speed USB 2.0 devices support USB 2.0 signaling, while USB
1.1 devices do not.

-Josh