raid problem

Hi,

I am trying desperately to convert my /dev/hda2 to /dev/md0, using
/dev/hdb2 as additional device.

mdadm --create /dev/md0 -l 1 -n 2 /dev/hdb2 missing
works fine, although "mdadm --examine /dev/md0" tells me that there is
no valid superblock on /dev/md0 (expected [...], got 00000000).

I've put a filesystem on /dev/md0, mounted it and copied everything from
my previous system (/dev/hda2) to /dev/md0. Next, I've set the partition
type to "fd" (for /dev/hdb2 and /dev/hda2).

Now I try to hot-add /dev/hda2 to the raid set:
mdadm --manage --add /dev/md0 /dev/hda2
(or mdadm --add /dev/md0 /dev/hda2)
Unfortunately, I get the following error message:
hot add failed for /dev/hda2: invalid argument.
I did not create a mdadm configuration file.

The same happens when I use mkraid and hotraidadd, using /etc/raidtab.

Further Information:
Kernel: 2.4.20-4GB with RAID1-Support

Boot Messages:
md: raid1 personality registered as nr. 3
md: md driver 0.90.0 [...]
md: Autodetection RAID array.
 [events: 00000000]
md: invalid raid superblock magic on hda2
nd; hda2 has invalid sb, not importing!
md: could not import hda2!
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.

And then, later:
Initializing Multiple Devices...
considering /dev/md0
/dev/md0 ist not a RAID0 or LINEAR array, skipping.
 [events: 00000004]
md: autorun ...
md: configuring hdb2
md:  adding hdb2 ...
md: created md0
md: bind <hdb2,1>
md: running: <hdb2>
md: hdb2's event counter: 00000004
[...]
raid1: raid set md0 active with 1 out of 2 mirrors
md: updating md0 RAID superblock on device
[...]
md: invalid raid superblock magic on md0
md: md0 hat invalid sb, not importing
[...]
md: ... autorun DONE.

Any hints?