graphics card fan crapped out

hi, the graphics card i bought last year (almost to the day), a crucial
ati 8500le 128mb, started showing odd green lines on my display.  the
problem was minimal at first boot and then quickly got worse.  man i
tried switching drivers, operating systems, everything.  then when i'm
yanking the thing out in disgust (pissed because i can't play warcraft
iii anymore on my duel boot machine) i realize a sensation of heat.  i
try to turn the fan with my finger and it's really hard to turn.  not
that nice stepping motor feel i think i should get.  so...  where the
hell can i get a fan for this thing?  should i even try?  should i just
by another fan (made for a different product) and plop it right on top?
should i wine and cry to crucial or ati for selling me a lame fan?  has
this happened to anybody else using ati, or did i just hit the lottery?
thanks for any suggestions.  -eric.