A7V8X and USB - was Re: internal computer temperatures

David Kramer said:
> On Sunday 07 December 2003 18:10, Chris Ampenberger wrote:
>
>> Did you get USB 1.1 and 2.0 to run with that board?
>
> Funny you should ask.  Do you have the same motherboard?

I have an A7V8X-X and the USB support on Linux is a source of frustration. I spend quite
some time and can only get it partially working. It seems to be an interrupt sharing
problem with the nforce chipset. If I disable most of the internal devices (com, sound,
etc), so that I have a dedicated interrupt for each of the 2 USB 1.1 controllers and one
for the USB 2.0 controllers, I get 2 ports to work with my card reader and my Zaurus.
Unfortunately that doesn't help me, since I need COM1 for my old digital camera. So now
I'm back to one USB port and a hub. I have not even tried my APC UPS yet.

I heard some rumors, that linux 2.6 should fix that, but I gave up on that, since the
nvidia kernel modules didn't compile.

In retrospect, I should have rather bought a board with a VIA chipset.

Chris