running 2 site on one apache - need help

On Thursday 04 December 2003 21:36, Dave Peters wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have redhat 9.0 linux setup with apache web server.

What version of Apache?

> I run single web site, the server runs perfect without
> any error. I try to run 2 web site on one apache and
> cause big problem: i.e. nothing coming. Any help are
> very appreciated.

Define "nothing coming".  Does the browser just hang, or does it return an
error message?

What happens when you try to go to the first domain?

What happens when you try to go to the second domain?

> What I did for setup 2 web site:
> 1) the site location: /var/www/www.site1.com &
> /var/www/www.site2.com
> 2) I edit httpd.conf add the virtalhost:
> *************************
> Listen 80
>
> NameVirtualHost *:80
> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.110>
> ServerName www.site1.com
> DocumentRoot /var/www/www.site1.com
>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.110>
> ServerName www.site2.com
> DocumentRoot /var/www/www.site2.com
>
> </VirtualHost>
> **************************
> 3. I can start httpd without error.

Did you look in /var/www/httpd/* to see if there were any warnings or errors,
even though the server started up?

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD  There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying.  The
DKK D  knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground
DK KD  and miss.  All it requires is simply the ability to throw
DDDD   yourself forward with all weight, and the willingness not to
       mind that it's going to hurt.  That is, it's going to hurt if
       you fail to miss the ground.
                  Douglas Adams, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".