USB Thermometer w/Linux support

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 10:13:49AM -0500, Duane Morin wrote:
> I'd like to get a thermometer set up that I can leave on all night and
> track just how cold her room gets.  So I was thinking somebody's gotta

If this is all you really want, then Radio shack and many other places
sell small digital indoor/outdoor thermometers which memorize the low and high
temperatures, until reset.  (they call it max and min)

Just set one of these up, let it sit overnight and then push the "min"
button in the morning. There is only one "register" so to get the
low temp for the next night you have to hit the reset button and start
"recording" all over again.  (Is it really recording if it only keeps
one value?)

Its cheap, and does not interface with your PC, but it works right away
with no fiddling around.

If fiddling around is really what you are after however....   :-)
I don't know of any thermometers that do what  you're looking for.