Redhat Enterprise WS, ES & AS

I am using RedHat AS 2.1 and recently installed ES V.3.
AS includes a lot of the failover stuff from the Linux HA
project. Also, the AS kernel includes patches for NUMA
and such.

I had not too much time to play with ES V.3. But it looks
like it includes similar features, but is probably missing
the HA software.

Overall: Feature wise, ES or AS is not all that exciting.
Nothing you can't do on your own. The main reason to get
AS or ES is the ability to use RHN/up2date to keep your
systems patched. So depending on your skill, doing a solid
initial build and tools like 'autorpm' may give you the
same functionality.