screen (was: Update from my personal hell)

Bob Leigh <bobleigh at twomeeps.com> wrote:
>gboyce at badbelly.com wrote:
>> Does screen have a scroll buffer?
>
>Yes, there's a scrollback buffer per "window".
>Hitting the spacebar marks a position in the buffer.  Hitting it again
>copies everything from the mark to the current position.
>Control-A ] pastes into the current window.
>Control-A > writes the paste buffer to a file.

I've been using screen to control simulation runs that run anywhere up
to several hours.  I use the -S option to give each session a
meaningful name.  One thing I've missed is a way to change that name.
I've found that each session has a pipe in /var/run/screen/S-jrv, but
renaming that pipe breaks the session.  Is there a way?

	      - Jim Van Zandt