Update from my personal hell

John Chambers wrote:

> Yeah; that's what I do.  But one problem  I  keep  stumbling  across:
> Almost  every  linux  distribution has some terminal emulator that is
> pushed instead of xterm, and xterm is  usually  hidden  so  that  you
> waste  time  finding  it.  Often it's not to be found anywhere in the
> menus, and it's not in the default user path.  So you have to fire up
> the  approved  terminal  emulator, hunt around for xterm, and type an
> 'xterm' command.
>
> And you need to take the time to add the directory to your  path,  so
> you won't have to go through all that again later.

Like SuSE, you mean? xterm IS in the menus (under System/Terminal
Applications), and it's in the path. True, they DO make konsole easier
to get to (it has a toolbar icon) - after all, it is a KDE-centric
distro - but xterm isn't buried too deeply.

Heck, they even have gnome-terminal in the path and the menu - if you
have installed gnome, of course.