Jumping the gun again (Re: Next question, ximian

Sorry, I should spend more time exploring before I post...

Turns out that I deleted it myself.  I had hit "delete panel" instead of
"delete from panel" when I thought i was killing an applet, and never
noticed it (I had done it right before a reboot).  Going down to the
taskbar panel and saying "New menu panel" put it back.  Empty, but back.

Duane