postfix vs. sendmail

This note is mostly just to offer encouragement - I recently installed Postfix
at our company on an Mandrake 9.1 system.  It all just worked out of the box,
with location specific changes needed to the main.cf file.  No problem with
aliases at all, after running the 'newaliases' command to re-build the
database.  I think that the database gets rebuilt when postfix is started,
too.

My main.cf file also has this entry:

alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases

but my reading of the comment indicates that it might not be necessary.  It
looks like you can use the 'postalias' command to query the alias database,
to see if it's set up correctly.  I tried this, but it seems that the alias
db needs to be in the current working directory, e.g.,

[root at priam glenn]# cd /etc/postfix
[root at priam postfix]# postalias -q all aliases
bob, ellen, jim, mike, laura, pbm, glenn, woody, cuong, jason, moe

It looks like you can get more information logged if you add '-v' to the
postfix start command (see man postfix).

Also, my procmail invocation is:

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -Y -a $DOMAIN