Routing all mail through comcast

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 07:33:15PM -0400, Clint M. Sand wrote:
> Now, I'm all for a good healthy hatred for big brother, but do you
> really think this makes it easier or harder for them to read your mail?

Unquestionably.  Mail that goes through their server is much easier to
copy/tract etc. than mail that does not.  Comcast makes the assumption
that you WILL use their servers, so they may be doing nothing to track
mail not sent through them.  Additionally, if you enable TLS in your
MTA and your peer also supports it, they will have to decrypt your
mail after reading it off the wire.  Not easy, and rather
time-consuming.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/