Routing all mail through comcast

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 10:23:00AM -0400, Rich Braun wrote:
> Duane Morin <dmorin at lear.morinfamily.com> wrote:
> >> Is there a way to just set myself up to route
> >> all my outgoing mail through comcasts server?
>
> Nathan Meyers <nmeyers at javalinux.net> wrote:
> > Set the "relayhost" variable in your main.cf file. Mine looks like this:
> >
> > relayhost = smtp.comcast.net
>
> I would be no more likely to do that than to enter the following into my
> sendmail config:
>
>   DS carnivore.ashcroft.fbi.gov
>
> Comcast and its cousins are under the thumb of the U.S. government in a way
> that I truly don't appreciate.  Every political/technical means should be
> employed to block the trend toward funneling mail through easily-monitored
> chokepoints.
>
> See my 7/24/03 posting on this topic:
> http://www.blu.org/pipermail/discuss/2003-July/042977.html
>
> But yes, Nathan's correct, if you do want to use the Comcast chokepoint, you
> can configure a smart relay in your mail transfer agent.

Now, I'm all for a good healthy hatred for big brother, but do you
really think this makes it easier or harder for them to read your mail?
As if all your outbound traffic destined for tcp 25 doesn't all go
through your default gateway of comcast. Relay to/from wherever you
want, it's still going through comcast and outside of your control,

Unless you're encrypting, and/or using stego, big brother ashcroft
and his mcarthy style thought police are still putting you in their
database. Whoops, I'm sending this using a comcast connection.