Linux classes

--- Irv Englander <ienglander at bentley.edu> wrote:
> I don't know whether individual undergrad courses at Bentley "break the
> bank", but I do know that I'll be offering a section of undergraduate
> Linux
> (with system administration included) on Wed. nights for 14 weeks
> starting
> in late January.
>
> Irv Englander
> Prof. of Computer Info Systems
> Bentley College

Irv:
Would it be possible to post a link to course information from the Bentley
website?  I have spent 20 minutes searching the Bentley website and
haven't found any undergrad course on Linux.  Thanks. (Also, if you have
control over such things, you may want to have the Bentley website
administrator rebuild the Verity collection while avoiding the ColdFusion
documentation because about 40 of 47 search results for Linux just returns
the ColdFusion documentation for the server that runs the Bentley website,
and that occludes the real Bentley-specific search results.)

> > Someone was asking me today where they might take a fundamentals of
> > Linux\Unix class that isn't going to break the bank.  Anyone have any
> > suggestions??
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Michael.

Michael:
Just like the adage where if you're going to buy a tool, buy the best one
you can afford,... I have to strongly recommend RedHat training even
though the cost is probably 3-4x the range you're looking for. I've
previously had the RH253 Networking course, which was at my companies
expense, but the quality of instruction was far superior to general
quality that I've found at local university adult education programs in IT
(I had tried Bentley, which killed the "executive education" program BTW,
as well as Brandeis continuing ed).  Well, I liked the RH253 course enough
that I decided to take the RH133 Linux Administration course next week at
my own expense.  The RH133 course is 4 days, with an exam on the 5th to
earn the RHCT.

--Steven Erat