tech temp agencies?

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Hunter wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Bob Keys wrote:
>
> > I am still in need of a job, and am now looking at temp work to cover
> > the gap until I find a permanent position.
> > I am going to ask if there is a boston area temp agency that has a
> > focus on technical position like system administrator and so forth.
> > Anyone know of such a place?
>
> IF anyone sends a private message about this, please BCC: it to me,
> as I would like to know as well.

<aol />

I've gotten a couple of decent temp jobs through Randstad in the past, but
their tech services branch in Waltham seems to be closed. A poke at their
site suggests that branches in Kendall Sq, Post Office Sq, and Framingham
have taken up that role, but I'm not sure:

http://12.129.74.179/webapp/internet/servlet/AgentLocator?searchType=map&COUNTRY=US&CITY=boston&STATE=MA&pg=technical

They seemed to be pretty professional, but NB that they seem to be a bit
strict about what sorts of jobs go out of which offices. That is, I live
closer to the Boston branches, but was working out of Waltham because if I
asked for a "computer job" at the Boston branch, they'd find work for me
as a web monkey, but if I asked the same question in Waltham, it would be
doing Perl bioinformatics.

The latter was a little more interesting :)

I'm no longer sure which branch to go to for a given job type, but if you
contact them be clear about the sort of work you're looking for -- they
may tell you to call a different location first :)

Chris Devers      cdevers at pobox.com

np: 'Suite No. 3 - Sarabande'
     by Johann Sebastian Bach
     from 'The Cello Suites - Inspired by Bach - Yo Yo Ma'