X starts denying me access

Any attempt to execute xhost gives me the same error.

I can't end my X session right now, i have a long-running job that I can't
stop in the middle.  I believe that once I reboot (not necessarily log
out/in again) that the problem will go away.  I was hoping to track it
down while it was happening rather than getting into a situation where I
have to reboot my machine every few hours.  If I wanted that I'd run
Windows.  *badump* Thankyew.

Duane