Emacs LISP & macros

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Kramer" <david at thekramers.net>

> On Monday 13 October 2003 01:02 pm, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>
> > On further investigation:
> > M-C-% is bound to Query-replace-regexp,
> > BUT... on 2 Red Hat systems I have tried, you cannot type M-C-%
(ESC,
> > control-shift-%). This does not seem to be a hardware system since
I was
> > using the same keyboard. It may be a function of the terminal
driver on
> > Red Hat. (My system is SuSE 8.2).
>
> I was able to do it on my Red Hat 7.3 system, and a Red Hat 7.2
system I
> happened to be SSHed into.
>
> Could it be a problem with your terminal program?  Try to ssh to
your own
> machine (I use konsole) and see if that works.  If that's what
you're
> already using, try another terminal program.

David,

I don't think it's an SSH issue: I'm having the problem on the system
console keyboard here, running RH 7.1 and starting emacs from the
command prompt without X running. The behavior is consistent on a RH
7.3 box, and when I run showkey it correctly displays the
keypress/releases for the shift, control, alt, and Escape keys.

I'm curious if others on the list can verify this behavior in various
versions: please start emacs and see:  does Control-Meta-% brings up
query-replace-regexp on your machine?

Bill