[HV] AP On Recall Lessons

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:06:30 -0700 (PDT)
rob amiot <rob at amiot.info> wrote:

> Nice input Roy - the flack is light and is mostly from those who don't
> understand our dynamics - Cal. does offer opportunity, not found in
> other places.  The Dems are not wiped out, but have been carefully put
> in place - there is no more time for weak middle management techniques
> - no more drivers' licenses for illegals.  Would like to my gas prices
> and electric bill to come down a bit - on the other had, my property
> value is stronger then any stock on the market today - will get even
> better.

I don't really think this was a Republican-Democratic thing. I think if
Arnold (or some other popular celebrity) had not run, the results may
have been different. This is an overwhelming signal to politicians
(Republican, Democrat, Mugwhump, .....) that politics as usual will no
longer be tolerated by the voters.

Yes, I would hope that services to illegals is curtailed or eliminated.
And I hope that Arnold can not only start to correct the state budget
deficit, but also reform state government. Because of both his
popularity and wealth he has an opportunity to be independent of both
the Republican and Democratic parties. Because he cannot run for
President, his political future is probably capped. (Unless Orrin Hatch
is successful in getting his Constitutional ammendment ratified).

In any case, the rest of the country watched this circus, and now it is
time for the Governator elect to start doing things.
--