Was "What should I charge?" - how about invoicing software ?

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:09:16 -0400
> Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> wrote:
>
> > In the past, I've used Microsoft Word. It used to have a
> > reasonable Invoice Template. I think I still have some
> > older ones around, so I just import them into OpenOffice.
>
> Actually it was Excel not Word.

No, he's right. Excel may also have an invoice template, but
recent versions of Word definitely have them as well.

Someone mentioned the GnuCash one -- is it any good? That one seems
promising in that the form -- which really just ought to be an artifact
from some other organizational system -- should (I assume) be able to pour
relevant transaction info from its database into the right template.

If something like that can't do it, maybe Perl & TemplateToolkit/DBI might
be the easiest long-term approach.

Well, for certain values of "easy" :-)

--
Chris Devers