PGP/GnuPG Keysigning Party IV

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Feldman" <gaf at blu.org>

> "Bill Horne" bill at horne.net wrote:
> >  in order to have me certify your ID, I'll need to see the same two
pieces
> > of ID that you'll bring to the keysigning party. However, you'll need
> > to decide on a"National ID number", such as a passport number, to
> > register with Thawte.

> I might be. My passport is expired, but is that ok. It is my only other
> photo id.

I can make do with one photoid if needed, but it MUST be current and it has
to contain the "national identity number" that will go into Thawte's system.
If your driver's license has your social security number on it, you'll have
to decide if you're willing to use that as your Thawte ID number. So far as
I know, the number doesn't appear in the certificate, so it's in Thawte's
database but not public. If I'm wrong, I disclaim all responsibility for the
error ;-J.

Bill