invalid@pizzashack.org

hello big dogs.  this is for derek martin.  sir, how do YOU mail from an invalid email address?  a general pointer or two would be a chance for me to learn.  thank you.  <this list is great adult education>

Derek Martin <invalid at pizzashack.org> wrote:On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 11:05:37AM -0400, Bill Horne wrote:
> > I noticed that this list's archives are open to the public and email
> > addresses are not obfuscated (nor are home addresses apparently). Does
> > this concern anyone? I get an enormous amount of spam. This address is
> > listed on some web sites, but with some of my more private email aliases,
> > I'm not sure where they're harvesting the information.
>
> Yes, it concerns me: I've had addresses harvested from the GPG keysigning
> entries, and would welcome a change to obfuscate any email address shown to
> the public.

Same here, though it concerns me a lot less now that I post from a
non-existant address.

It /is/ possible to configure pipermail (the archive management
software which comes with GNU mailman) to obscure e-mail addresses,
however the feature is broken in all releases of GNU Mailman prior to
I think 2.1.0 or so. BLU uses 2.0.6 which is b0rken. An upgrade
would be necessary to fix the problem.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/