How to detect invasions?

  Well, ipcop and smoothwall are Linux-based and both use iptables. They just
have a much nicer web interface that allows you to control thing without
becoming an iptables expert.

 Ipcop also comes with snort configured for intrusion detection...

 I also used to have a Cisco PIX firewall at work - the box now runs Linux and
has been renamed "Pancho".

 Dave

--
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed
out of a tube.  That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba....