RAM - follow on

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 03:25:00PM -0400, josephc at etards.net wrote:
> Kaylan said he was using a Dimension 8100. That system uses Rambus. He
> wanted an upgrade for THAT system.
>
> I'm sorry you think there are only two types of RAM, but there is not. In
> this case, we're talking about a system that REQUIRES RDRAM. Perhaps you
> should read the e-mail a little more closely.

Actually I don't think there are only two types of ram.  Since I have
never let any of my clients buy a system that used rambus ram (due to the
licensing requirements that would have made it really expensive) I did
make the faulty assumption that no one else would either.  Sorry - My
Mistake.

I can see now, based on the pricing for rambus, that I was steering my
clients in the right direction.  Its used by so few systems that
Micron (crucial) doesn't even manufacture it.  Which is a shame.
crucial is one of the best sources I have ever found for RAM and their
customer support and service are excellent as well.

> To say that DDR or PC100/133 works in ALL DELL systems couldn't be farther
> from the truth.

Yep, your right. I'm sorry. I spoke out of turn and made incorrect
assumptions.

Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  jkinz at kinz.org
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an
acceptance of the offer at http://www.kinz.org/policy.html.
Don't forget to change your password often.